The NOW-NJ Nominating Committee is looking for a new State Secretary. Our former Secretary, Elena Gonzalez, has moved to Arizona, thereby leaving a vacancy on the State Board.
Per the NOW-NJ Bylaws, the duties of the State Secretary are as follows:
- Keep a record of the proceedings of the meetings of the State Board1, the State Conference2, and the State Executive Committee, and present such minutes for approval at the next State Board Meeting;
- Keep records of the membership of the State Board;
- Keep an active dated copy of these Bylaws and provide National with the same;
- Conduct State Board correspondence not specifically assigned to others;
- Send out notices of meetings of the State Board; and
- At the direction of the State President, manage members of the state’s electronic discussion boards/lists (i.e., Google Leadership List, Yahoo Discussion Group).
Any member of NOW-NJ in good standing who resides in New Jersey shall be eligible to hold state office.
If you are interested in this position or have any questions, please contact Susan J. Waldman, Nominating Committee Chair, at email@example.com
Susan J. Waldman
Chair, Nominating Committee
1 Four meetings annually